Attendance & Absence
Good attendance at school is essential. We are very proud to be able to say that our attendance figures are above the average for the country.
At school we have a responsibility to work with the Local Authority and Education Welfare to ensure each child attends school. Attendance is closely monitored in School and levels that fall below 85% are referred to The Local Educational Authority’s Attendance Support Team.
To support and promote good attendance we ask parents to:
• Ensure your child attends school regularly and arrives punctually each day. – settled and ready for register at 9:00am.
• To contact school by telephone before 10.00am on the morning of any unforeseen absence. To ensure the safety of all children, a call is made to the home of any child whose absence is not accounted for.
• On return from a period of absence, to provide a letter to the class teacher explaining the absence in order for school to maintain appropriate records.
• Sign in at reception a child arriving late at school after registration has closed in order for the child’s attendance to be registered.
• Strictly avoid taking children out of school on holiday during term time.
• Endeavour to arrange dental and routine medical appointments outside school hours.