Good attendance at school is essential. We are very proud to be able to say that our attendance figures are above the average for the country.
At school we have a responsibility to work with the Local Authority and Education Welfare to ensure each child attends school. Attendance is closely monitored in School and levels that fall below 85% are referred to The Local Educational Authority’s Attendance Support Team.
To support and promote good attendance we ask parents to:
• Ensure your child attends school regularly and arrives punctually each day. – settled and ready for register at 9:00am.
• To contact school by telephone before 10.00am on the morning of any unforeseen absence. To ensure the safety of all children, a call is made to the home of any child whose absence is not accounted for.
• On return from a period of absence, to provide a letter to the class teacher explaining the absence in order for school to maintain appropriate records.
• Sign in at reception a child arriving late at school after registration has closed in order for the child’s attendance to be registered.
• Strictly avoid taking children out of school on holiday during term time.
• Endeavour to arrange dental and routine medical appointments outside school hours.